Friday, May 23, 2008

TAGGED?

It's late and I'm surprised that I'm doing this, but it underscores the powerful influence Carol has over me. She tagged me, so here goes. . .

Favorite person (outside family)? Well, at the moment I have two. First, it's Janice, dear to my heart Janice. We have a special link that frankly I don't quite understand because we're really night and day, hot and cold, but then we have boys who connected us when both our families first came to Boise, (1981) so we have a rich history. But more than that I just plain enjoy being with her. Love you Janice. I can still see her trying out our (Kent's and Mine) new bed. (chuckle here)
And Ann, so dear to my heart Ann. We met shortly after we were both widowed, so we've faced making adjustments to that status together. We've enjoyed dispelling the loneliness by going "out" together. Best of all, I love sharing gospel insights, and our testimonies of our Savior, Jesus Christ, with each other. That's a very special connection I miss now that she's "down under" in New Zealand spreading the 'good news'. Good speed. Love you, Ann.

Favorite food? Ice cream, especially Burnt Almond Fudge from Creamery on Ninth. And truly Gelato beats that. Sooooo smooth.

Quirks about you? I rotate my ankles whenever I sit.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? Stubborn, often too silly, kind, tolerant, love life, love this glorious world and miraculously (he would say)love him. (Couldn't do it in 10 words)

Any regrets in life? Yes, I've often figured I was "right" and been prideful enough to be unwilling to listen to another way.

Favorite Charity/Cause? Being the best darned Grandma possible. Is that a charity/cause?

Something you can’t get enough of? Little children's hugs and 'hongis'.

Worst job you’ve ever had? I've liked all my jobs from selling shoes, to typing for the printing press, to teaching school, to working as a secretary (especially D.C. when I was young and boys would flirt).

What job would you pay NOT to have? Any job that required I be in a lowly lit room with no windows.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? On the walls of the school room where any one of my grandchildren is particpating.

Favorite Bible verse right now? 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.

Guilty Pleasure? Chocolate

Got any confessions? Yes, I've got too much stuff! I have to squeeze myself in around my car once it's inside my garage, and there's no room for my truck. Ugh!

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Taking my kids with me to Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City.

Favorite thing about your house? Small enough to vacuum in a short time.

Least favorite thing about your house? Not a big enough dining area to gather around for a meal with a large family, and not enough light -- need more windows or skylights. I love elbow room and light.
.
One thing you are bad at? Having a place for everything and everything in its place. I have designated such places, but somehow things scatter. . .Especially my cel phone. And, putting important notes or numbers on bits of paper rather than in my notebook for such information.

One thing you’re good at? Empathy.

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I'd bring my parents to live closer to me or take my children with me to live closer to my parents.

Who would you like to meet someday? Kent. It will be something to see how we've changed and how we're the same and if we'll know our former selves. Beyond that I'm anxious to know my ancestors who gave up friendships and every material thing to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, sail across the ocean, walk across the plains to Utah and then live in a dugout in Southern Utah; Sanctified people.

What makes you feel sexy? Being at my ideal weight.

Who is your real life hero? Dad, my exemplar, my inspiration, my challenger, my constant supporter for all these years

What is the hardest part of your job? My job is a 'nurturer' and it's difficult because I can't be as many places as I feel needed at any one time.

When are you most relaxed? After I'm in bed having read something uplifting or finished a sudoku puzzle.

What stresses you out? Seeing my children stressed out about their children.

What can you not live without? My children and grandchildren. I live for them.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? Hmmmm, perhaps, I mean this writing is all about me, so, narcissistic? Maybe, a bit, I mean I think I do love myself, but blogging is probably more about enjoying writing.

Why do you blog? Everyone was doing it. :-) If everyone jumped off of a cliff, would you? :) Because Carol got me enthused. And no I wouldn't do it just because everyone else was doing it. I realized it's a good way to journal. When I saw how blogging keeps one in touch with others lives, I just sorta felt inclined to drop my two cents worth into the bag.

Who are you tagging? I don't know quite how to do this, so nobody. Sorry

"Wow," to quote Carol, "I think I finished!!"
Rules:


1. Answer the questions (Did I really have to include this as a rule?)


2. Link back to whoever tagged you How do I do that?


3. Tag four bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category.
New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)
Bloggy friends

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I am glad you did that aunt Charlotte. I really enjoyed knowing more about you. You are such a wonderful person and I am glad to be related to you.

Carol said...

Hooray!!! You did it! I loved all of it...especially the 10 words dad would say, it made me cry. Also, I loved the bit about the boys flirting with you in DC. I didn't ever know that you worked in DC. See, I'm so glad you did this. I love you mom!