Today we've seen remarkable improvement in Mom's condition. She 'sounds' more like herself. She's been sitting in the TV room watching TV the better part of the day. She can get herself to a standing position, with help of course. Her appetite is normal--she ate almost as much as I did. Karen sent a delicious dinner of pork, potatoes, squash, salad, bisquits. Who wouldn't have an appetite? But if she'd been offered it just one week ago she would have pushed it away. She could barely lift a fork to her mouth and getting her legs off the bed was impossible, let alone standing. Amazing! The Lord works in mysterious ways. I thought she was on an irreversible downhill slide and now it's leveled off and going upwards. Amazing!!! I told the sisters at church who inquired about her condition that my parents would probably both live to be VERY old because they have each other. Their co-dependency is a tremendous blessing and miracle!!!!
Mother, Dad and I read from the Joseph Smith manuel about receiving revelation. That prompted Dad's reminiscing and then rereading his biography in "Just Another School Teacher". In looking back, he said it is obvious that the Lord had a hand in letting things happen as they did to direct him to become a teacher. It was far more than coincidence, because he said the deck was highly stacked against him. Teaching is obviously one of his gifts. He has been effective in helping his children and his students think for themselves and develop testimonies based on personal revelation rather than blind discipleship. I don't know how our family placement was set up before mortality, but I feel very blessed to have come where learning and seeking truth was in our daily conversations. Thank you Dad.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And I feel very blessed that you helped instill those same things in me. I will always have a picture of you sitting in the family room or at the kitchen table with your scriptures open, reading...no, studying the gospel. I love you mom. Thank you for your shining example.
Thanks for the invitation, Char--I will enjoy keeping up on your news and insights! Your wisdom and kindness have blessed me throughout the years.
I loved reading about your great trip. So fun that you got to do that!
You can find my blog at inklingsbybobbi.blogspot.com
Post a Comment